Sources of help for adults (Wales)

 If you are feeling stressed, anxious or down, or are concerned about your or someone else’s use of drugs and/or alcohol you may find it useful to consult the help sources listed here. 


If you are experiencing extreme feelings of distress, we strongly encourage you to speak to your GP, so they can offer you appropriate help and support.  


Online help resources for families affected by drug or alcohol misuse




Help for anyone whose life is or has been affected by another person’s misuse of alcohol, through peer support groups

Freephone: 0800 0086 811



Alcoholics Anonymous

International organisation focused on personal recovery from alcohol dependence through peer support

Freephone: 0800 9177 650





Providing high-quality, free and confidential support and guidance to anyone who is affected by drug or alcohol use, either their own or someone else’s

To find your nearest help centre visit



C.A.L.L – Community Advice and Listening Line

An all Wales out-of-hours mental health telephone helpline service providing emotional support, information on local and national services

Freephone: 0800 132 737 (open 24 hours)




Charity providing support to the family and friends of people with drug or alcohol addictions, including specialist bereavement support for substance misuse related losses

Freephone: 0300 888 3853


Honest information about drugs, and help and advice relating to drug use

Freephone: 0300 1236600

SMS Text: 82111 followed by your question



Mind Cymru

Welsh branch of the national charity dedicated to improving mental health across the country

Freephone: 0300 123 3393

SMS: 86463




Charity helping anyone affected by a parent or carer’s alcohol addiction, whether still a child or now an adult

Freephone: 0800 358 3456



Narcotics Anonymous

International organisation of people for whom drug use is or has been a major problem, focused on abstinence and peer support

Freephone: 0300 999 1212




National charity working to protect children from abuse and neglect. Anyone with concerns about a child can contact their professional counsellors for help, advice and support

Freephone: 0808 800 5000





There for anyone who needs someone, without judgement or pressure


PO Box 9090


Tel:  116 123